Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Holiday vacation, part2: Marquette

Late afternoon on 12/26 we packed up the vehicle and drove the hour or so north to Marquette to visit Carmen's parents, and her sister Amy, who had flown in from California with her son Sean for the holiday.   We had Christmas dinner shortly after arriving and then did the whole present thing.  Drew got a Tonka fire truck, which he loved (I got a new jacket from the in laws :) ).

Dave, my father in law, had to work the next two days, so didn't see much of him.  Usually he and I get out XC skiing, but I was on my own this time... got up to Blueberry Ridge pathway Monday and Tuesday, conditions were great.  Amy, Carmen and I got out for dinner on Monday night and otherwise spent a lot of time with the kids.   Time was short in Marquette, my flight sequence to Missoula started early Wednesday morning.  Got a few pictures of the lower harbor and the old lighthouse.  Also, should have a more extensive post on Marquette trails forthcoming.  On to Missoula and the skiing beat down.

No comments:

Post a Comment